Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Zebulon

Since I met the writer/ astrologer Seraphime at my first show at the Hive downtown, I've been waiting for the lightning bolt to strike. I had been waiting for just the right concept to use her as a model, and for the right amount of inspiration to start a new painting.

When she began posting photos of herself as her character, the space alien Zebulon (apparently no connection to the Rufus Wainwright song of the same name), I had my moment.

Here are the goods so far, the sketchbook work leading up to the finish that's yet to come. The watercolor here is NOT considered a finished painting, just a study.

I've been having a lot of fun listening to spacy music and drawing this retro sci-fi androgynous space alien.... the music of goldfrapp's felt mountain, the tron soundtrack, bjork, and bird and the bee's "ray guns are not just the future".









No comments:

Post a Comment